AccessVision is pleased to offer a new workshop intended to increase the computer literacy of its users. "Mac Basics" is geared toward the novice user to get them up to speed and using an Apple computer with confidence. In this class, users will:
- Explore the Desktop, Dock, windows and menus;
- Navigate the Finder;
- Master basic tasks such as creating folders, moving or renaming files and deleting unwanted items;
- Use common menus and keyboard shortcuts;
- Search for lost files;
- Gain a basic understanding of sizes of common file formats, compared with the storage capacities of various media;
- Be introduced to bundled applications used for common tasks, such as browsing the Web or viewing a PDF;
- Learn basic troubleshooting techniques.
Unlike most of AccessVision's other workshops, Mac Basics is a single-session 2-hour class. Each student will use a MacBook to work along with the instructor. At the end of the session, students will complete a simple 15-minute tutorial using the skills that they have just learned.
For new members, Mac Basics is being offered at a reduced rate of only $10 and is required prior to taking the Digital Editing class. Existing AccessVision users who have already taken the Digital Editing workshop may enroll in Mac Basics at no cost.
The first class will be held on Tuesday, May 7th at 5:30 p.m. and will be repeated on a monthly basis going forward. Space is limited, so don't wait to sign up! Contact Jason at 968-3633 for more information.